This is a very healthy and a nutritious salad as sprouts contain high proteins and vitamins. Same way, kabuli chana contains fibre and is less in fat. So it is a perfect meal for any weight watchers too. As sprouts are readily available these days, it hardly takes any time to put a wholesome light meal in front of you.
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts, steamed
- 1/2 cup kabuli chana, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup assorted bell peppers, sliced
- 6-7 broccoli florets, blanched
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder or to taste (opt)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
Pressure cook the kabuli chana for 6 whistles. When cool, drain and combine with the other ingredients and toss well.
Serve as a light meal anytime of the day. (Add the salt just before serving, else it tends to become soggy).