Low in fat, this is a very healthy and a nutritious soup. It aids in weight loss and is good for the tummy. Milk can also be added according to individual preference. A handful of mint or coriander leaves adds to its flavour. Have it with some bread sticks for a complete light meal.
- 1/2 of a long Lauki, chopped
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- handful of mint leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder or to taste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice or to taste
- mint leaves to garnish
Heat oil in a pan and saute the bay leaves. Then fry the onion and garlic till light brown. Add the chopped lauki, turmeric powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder and fry for a minute.
Add the stock, salt and the chopped mint leaves and pressure cook for 3 whistles. When cool, discard the bay leaves and puree it. Add lemon juice and serve, garnished with mint leaves and a sprinkle of red chili powder.