A hearty & healthy soup which can be had anytime of the day. But it works wonders as a light dinner with some bread sticks. To be made into a Thai style, just add some lemon juice, lemon grass and kafir lime leaves to the stock and garnish it with chopped spring onions. Both ways it simply tastes delicious.
- 1 cup chicken mince
- 1/2 cup sevian, dry roasted
- 2 tbsp. green peas (fresh or frozen), opt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. sweet potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups stock / water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder or to taste
- pinch of red chili powder & coriander leaves to garnish
Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic till it changes colour. Add the onion and fry till light brown. Add the mince and pepper and saute till dry.
Add the sweet potatoes, peas, salt, sevian and the stock and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Serve, garnished with a sprinkle of red chili powder and coriander leaves.