- 1 cup atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander stem, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. ginger-green chilies paste
- pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- olive oil to shallow fry
Combine all the ingredients, except oil to fry. Knead into a dough with the help of water. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll out each portion into a circle and keep aside. Roll out the rest of the dough in the same way.
Heat a tawa / griddle. Roast one thepla at a time for few seconds. Then flip over and smear with a little oil. Flip over again and smear the other side too with oil.
Fry till light golden brown in colour. Roast the rest of the theplas in the same manner. Serve, hot, with pickles or yoghurt.