Dhokla is a traditional Gujarati steamed delicacy prepared out of gram flour. They can also be prepared with semolina. So let me share a sweet version of this healthy savoury treat in a dessert form. They came out just perfect and you can enjoy it as an after meal dessert or when desired. Serve it warm or at room temperature with a drizzle of some sugar syrup / castor sugar if you wish.
- 1 cup semolina, dry roasted
- 1 tbsp. roasted chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup castor sugar or as required (I used brown sugar)
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1-2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1-2 tbsp. soaked chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. chopped pistachios
- required quantity of water
- 1 tsp. eno fruit salt
- chopped pistachios, dry rose petals & soaked chia seeds to garnish
- sugar syrup to drizzle (opt)
- castor sugar to garnish (opt)
In a bowl, combine all the mentioned ingredients (except eno fruit salt and the garnishings). Add enough water to form a batter of pouring consistency. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
Add more water if required and whisk well. Add eno fruit salt and give it a stir. Pour into a greased steel container / plate and steam for 20 minutes on a medium flame.
When cool, cut into desired shapes. Garnish with chopped pistachios, dried rose petals and soaked chia seeds.
Serve it warm or at room temperature with a drizzle of some sugar syrup / castor sugar if you wish.