Chaat in general is one of my favourite snacks. This popular street food is also loved and enjoyed by many, young and old alike. So today let me share my version of a spicy and a tangy Papdi Chaat. I added some extra ingredients like grated carrots, fresh grated coconut, crushed peanuts and toasted sesame seeds for some flavour and crunch.
It really turned out very delicious and chatpata. So now make them at home and enjoy this mouth watering treat as a tea-time snack. Please check for a step by step method with pictures to prepare it.
- 8-10 papdis (savoury crackers)
- 1 potato, boiled & chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 fresh green / red chilies, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh grated coconut
- 1-2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2-3 tbsp. carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup sev
- 2-3 tbsp. roasted peanuts, crushed
- green chutney, red chili & garlic chutney & sweet tamarind chutney as required
- 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves
- pinch of roasted cumin powder
- pinch of chaat masala
- pinch of pepper powder
Place the papdis on a serving plate. Arrange the onion, potato, tomato, green chilies, carrot, coriander leaves and coconut.
Then drizzle the chutneys, followed by some sev, peanuts, sesame seeds, cumin powder, pepper powder and chaat masala. Lastly add a bit of the chutneys if preferred and serve as an evening snack.
Papdis and all the ingredients for the topping.