A simple stir fry of potatoes and beans flavoured by the zataar mix. It gives a distinct taste of this Mediterranean spice. It is basically used to marinate dishes, but I wanted to try out this way. The taste was awesome. Add 1/2 tsp. sumac powder too (another Mediterranean spice which is a souring agent). This is in substitute of our amchur powder.
- 500 gms, beans, chopped finely
- 2 med. potatoes, chopped into small pieces
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. zataar powder (middle eastern spice mix)
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. roasted coriander-cumin powder
- 1 tsp. coriander leaves, chopped
Heat oil and temper with cumin seeds. Then add the onion, garlic and green chilies and saute till light brown.
Add the potatoes and beans along with salt to taste and turmeric powder and continue to fry on low flame. Sprinkle water at intervals if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
When half done, add the coriander-cumin powder. Finish it off with the zataar mix/garam masala powder and mix well to combine. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves. Have it as a side dish with chapattis.