Poha is generally not used in the making of a salad. But I decided to try out and it turned out simply delicious. Brown poha is a healthy substitute, so I went for it. You can go ahead and include boiled green peas, corn, grated carrots, boiled potatoes / sweet potatoes and even boiled rajma (kidney beans) to make it more colourful and nutritious. Have it along with some clear soup for a healthy and light meal.
- 1/2 cup brown poha (beaten flat rice), washed and drained
- 1/2 cup chana dal (Bengal gram), soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup capsicum (any colour), sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1-2 green chilli, thinly sliced (opt)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice or to taste
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
Boil the chana dal for 1 whistle. Drain and mix along with all the other ingredients and serve, garnished with coriander leaves.