A healthy alternative to white rice, brown rice contains all the fibre needed, has less cholesterol and is good for a diabetic patient. It is best served at room temperature. Any leftover rice too can be used for this recipe. A great meal for those who desire to shed some weight. Add some mustard sauce for that extra zing to the dish. Enjoy this wholesome salad accompanied with some grilled delicacy.
- 1/4 cup brown rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup red, yellow and green capsicum, sliced finely
- 1/2 cup sprouts, steamed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- pepper powder to taste
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp. cheese, grated (opt) for garnishing.
Pressure cook the rice with plenty of water for 3 whistles. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
Mix with all the other ingredients and serve, garnished with coriander leaves and grated cheese (opt).