You can let your imagination run wild here in this recipe. This healthy salad is a vegetarian version. You can also add boiled and shredded chicken, sauted prawns, sausages, cheese slices and tomatoes. Make it very colourful which can be a feast to your eyes. A couple of garlic bread with this salad or a bowl of soup makes for a perfect light dinner.
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup black chana, soaked overnight (chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup coloured capsicum combo, chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, chopped
- chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- salt and pepper powder to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
Boil the chana in 1 cup water till soft for 5-6 whistles. Drain and keep aside. Combine with all the veggies and toss with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves.