These are Instant Kebabs made from boiled black chana (chickpeas). A quick snack for the evening, it can be served with kasundi (bottled mustard sauce), green chutney or tomato sauce.
For a veggie version, eggs can be substituted by boiled potatoes. They can also be served as Vegetable Burgers along with sliced tomato, cucumber, lettuce and cheese slice. It can be a great lunch box meal too for everyone.
- 1 cup boiled black chana (chickpeas)
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. coriander and mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder
- oil for deep frying / shallow frying
- sliced onion, green chilies, lemon wedges and chopped coriander
- kasundi/green chutney/ketchup to serve
Blend the boiled chana. Mix with the egg, salt to taste, pepper powder, coriander and mint leaves. Form into kebabs.
Heat oil and fry them few at a time till golden brown. Drain and garnish with coriander leaves, onion, lemon wedges and green chilies. Serve with kasundi (mustard sauce), green chutney or sauce.