This is a very delicious and an easy snack of Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Kofta. It is basically a combination of mashed paneer, boiled potatoes and other spices, formed into oblong shapes and deep fried.
I also added some boiled sweet potatoes for a healthier version and some crushed kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves). It is best relished as an evening tea-time snack. They can also be served as appetizers along with some green chutney or sauce.
- 125 gms. Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 potato, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves), crushed
- salt to taste
- pepper powder to taste (opt)
- 2 tbsp. maida / cornflour
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- oil to deep fry
In a bowl combine together all the ingredients from paneer to pepper powder into a dough. Make equal sized portions of it and form each into an oblong shape. Refrigerate for an hour.
Make a batter with the maida and 1/2 cup water. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan. Dip each paneer ball in the maida batter and then in the bread crumbs.
Deep fry them few at a time till light golden brown in colour. Drain in a kitchen towel and serve along with green chutney or sauce.