This is a healthy and a colourful snack which can be relished on its own with some sauce / chutney or as an evening tea-time snack. For a healthier option it can be grilled, basting it with butter from time to time. You can also go ahead and add courgette, mushrooms and baby corns too for a more vibrant colour. This is a best way to get children eat veggies and this also serves as a perfect lunch box meal.
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded & cubed
- 2 tomato, deseeded & cubed
- 1 big onion, cubed
- few skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp. green chutney (coriander-mint chutney)
- 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp. tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. red chili powder or to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. yoghurt
- 2-3 tbsp. to shallow fry
- pinch of chat masala
In a bowl, combine together all the ingredients from green chutney to yoghurt. Marinate all the chopped veggies in it for 30 minutes.
Thread the veggies onto the skewers. Heat oil in a tawa / griddle and fry turning them from time to time till almost roasted.
They should be tender but al dente. Sprinkle some red chili powder and chat masala over it and serve with some ketchup or chutney as an evening tea-time snack.