Chaats are savoury snack and in general is one of my favourites. It is enjoyed by young and old alike. So here is my version of a SAMOSA CHAAT, which is very easy and simple to prepare if you have all the required ingredients handy. It needs just a wee bit of assembling.
So get going and dish out this amazing treat in the comfort of your home and enjoy this mouth watering delicacy with family and friends. They can be had as a tea-time snack, appetizers, as a light dinner or anytime you desire. So please follow a step by step method with pictures to prepare it.
- 2-3 samosas, roughly crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 fresh red / green chilies, chopped
- handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 2-3 tbsp. mixture farsan
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sev (fried gram flour noodles)
- sweet tamarind chutney as required
- mint-coriander chutney as required
- beaten yoghurt as required
- salt to taste
- red chili powder to taste
- chaat masala to taste
- roasted cumin powder to taste
- lime juice as required
- chopped coriander leaves as required
In a bowl, arrange the samosa first and top it up with the tamarind chutney, green chutney and yoghurt. Then add the onion, tomato and green chili.
Next add all the dry spices, followed by some sev, peanuts, coconut and farsan. Again drizzle some more chutneys and yoghurt.
Add some chopped coriander and lime juice to the finished product and relish as an evening tea-time snack or as and when desired.