This is a very popular street food from the North Eastern regions of India. I remember having this delicious soup in Mcleodganj in Dharamshala. Every region has their own version. Having just a bowl of this healthy Thukpa, especially during winters gives one great satisfaction and is also a perfect light meal.
- 1 cup noodles / 1 small packet
- 2 chicken cubes, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 cup assorted Bell Pepper, cubed
- 1 onion, cubed
- 4-5 stalks pakchoy, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. red chili sauce (opt)
- 1 egg omelette, shredded
- 1 tbsp. spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (opt)
Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic till it changes colour. Add the chicken cubes, 3 1/2 cups water and bring it to a boil.
Add the noodles and boil for a minute. Add the bell peppers, onion, salt, pepper, chili powder and chili sauce. Let it boil for a minute.
Now add the pakchoy and simmer further for a minute. Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
Serve in individual bowls. Garnish with the shredded omelette and spring onion.