This delicious and hearty soup is anytime welcome. I usually have this for a light dinner along with some grilled chicken or fish. A very good combination as you have all the goodness of veggies in the soup.
I added some whole wheat pasta to make it more interesting and wholesome. Any other veggies of your choice can be added. This soup can also be prepared with noodles too, for some variation.
- 1 cup pasta, boiled al dente
- 4 cups chicken / vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup green papaya, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder or to taste
- juice of half lemon
- coriander leaves
- pinch of red chili flakes (opt)
Heat oil in a pan and saute the chopped garlic till it changes colour. Add the stock and bring it to a boil.
Add the sweet potatoes and green papaya and simmer on low flame. When it is half done, add the red cabbage and simmer further for a minute or two.
Now add the boiled pasta, capsicum, bok choy, spring onion, salt and pepper powder. Simmer for a minute before adding the lemon juice. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves and a sprinkle of red chili flakes.