Chaats are savoury snacks that are found in every street corners of India. They are much loved by one and all and are of many types. For a variation, try serving pasta in a chaat form. Friends, family, especially kids will simply love this delectable dish. For a healthier version, whole wheat pasta if available are just perfect. I usually have this concoction as a light dinner with lots of green chutney and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta. boiled al dente
- 1 medium sweet potato / potato, boiled
- 1/2 cup black chana (chickpeas), boiled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. amchur powder / chaat masala
- 1/2 cup yoghurt, beaten
- 2 tbsp. green chutney
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sev
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
In a bowl, mix together the boiled pasta, sweet potatoes, boiled chickpeas, onion, tomato, green chilies, salt and amchur powder.
Pour the beaten yoghurt over it, followed by the green chutney, tomato sauce, sev, coriander leaves and red chili flakes. Serve this yummy chaat as an appetizer or as an evening snack along with a hot cup of tea.