This is a very refreshing and a light soup in Thai style. I have used Thai green curry paste, kaffir lime leaves, galangal (Thai ginger), lemon grass along with lots of different veggies, coconut milk and some vegetable stock. For a non-veg. version, boneless chicken along with chicken stock can be added.
This aromatic soup is a perfect meal in itself for weight watchers as it has all the goodness of vegetables. For more variations, you can add noodles, prawns, mushrooms, baby corn and broccoli too. The list is endless.
- 2 cups cubed vegetables (broad beans, bottle gourd, green papaya, french beans, carrots, radish & onion)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1" galangal, sliced
- 1 fresh chili, slit
- 2 tbsp. Thai green curry paste (store bought)
- 3 cups vegetable stock / water
- 8-10 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 1/2 pepper powder or to taste
- coriander leaves, lime leaves & fresh chilies to garnish
Heat oil in a pan and saute the Thai green curry paste on a low flame for a few seconds. Add all the chopped vegetables, lime leaves, lemon grass, galangal, green peas, fresh chili, stock, salt and pepper powder.
Pressure cook for 1 whistle. When cool, discard the galangal, lemongrass and lime leaves.
Just before serving, add the coconut milk and heat through and serve in individual soup bowls, garnished with chopped coriander leaves, lime leaves and fresh chilies.