Beetroot and sprouts no doubt are a powerhouse of essential vitamins, iron and fibre. So incorporating them in our daily diet is very essential. And the better way is to have them in the form of this healthy salad.
So here is a very simple and a nutritious salad of this combination to go along with your grilled delicacies for a light meal. Just a dash of lime, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper is what you need to dish up this no frills salad.
- 1/2 medium Beetroot, grated
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts, steamed
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 green chili, chopped (opt)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- lemon wedges, coriander leaves and fresh chilies to garnish
In a bowl, mix all the above mentioned ingredients and serve , garnished with lemon wedges, coriander leaves and fresh red chilly.