A colourful veggie salad for a quick fix during lunch or dinner. Some crushed croutons can also be sprinkled on the salad for a crunchy effect. Bon Appetit !!!
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup black chana (chickpeas), boiled
- handful of bean sprouts
- 1 small beetroot, boiled & sliced
- 5-6 lettuce leaves, cut into half
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Arrange the veggies and the boiled chana according to individual preference on a plate. Just before serving, sprinkle the salt, red chili powder and cumin powder. Drizzle the olive oil and the lemon juice. Serve as a light dinner.