This is a delicious and an authentic Filipino soup of chicken and green papaya cooked in tender coconut water. Chicken is a lean meat and has proteins and contains antioxidants that improves our immune system. Raw papaya is a healthy veggie having a lot of vitamins, enzymes, minerals and nutrients. Last but not the least Coconut, both flesh and water are less in fat and calorie. It also contains antioxidants.
- 250 gms chicken on bones, curry cut
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger, chopped
- 1/2 of a small raw papaya, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh coconut water
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut flesh / fresh coconut, grated
- 1 1/2 cups water / stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks lemongrass (only the white part)
- fresh green/red chilies & coriander leaves to garnish
Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion, ginger and garlic till slightly translucent. Add the chicken and continue to fry till light brown.
Add the coconut water, coconut flesh, green papaya, 1 1/2 cups water, lemongrass, salt and pepper. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Serve hot garnished with green chilies and coriander leaves.