Homemade Burger is anytime welcome. So make something different. Prepare this healthy and yummy kodo millet burger and enjoy it as desired. Have it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner along with some soup or salad if preferred. You may also go in for green chutney, hummus, sliced cucumber or pickled veggies for some variation.
- 1/2 cup kodo millet, soaked overnight
- 2-3 tbsp. roasted chickpea flour
- salt to taste
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbsp. fried onion, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger & garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. roasted coriander-cumin powder
- 2-3 tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- oil to shallow fry
- 2 burger buns
- cheddar cream cheese
- pinch of pepper powder
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato
- onion rings
Heat 1-2 tbsp. oil in a pan and shallow fry the patties on a low flame on both sides till well browned. Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside.
To assemble the burger - Spread cheddar cream cheese on one side of the burger and mayonnaise on the other. Sprinkle some pepper powder.
Place a lettuce leaf followed by the patty, some more cheese spread, onion, tomato, lettuce. Finally close with the bun and serve as desired.