Today I would like to share a Hara Bhara Tikki / Cutlet recipe that I dished out from some leftover spinach-eggplant-capsicum curry. I just added some powdered oats, fresh bread crumbs and other basic ingredients and here you are. Yummy and delicious tea-time snack in no time.
So do try and make use of any veg. curry in this way and feel satisfied that you were able to make good use of the curry. They can also be served as an appetizer with some green chutney / sauce. Try rolling them in parathas for a lunch box meal too.
- 1 cup cooked spinach-eggplant-capsicum curry
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 slice bread, crumbled
- pinch of salt or to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves,chopped
- 1/2 tsp. carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp. raw mango puree
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves), crushed
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder or as required
- oil to deep / shallow fry
In a pan stir fry the cooked spinach curry till dry. Keep aside to cool. Dry roast the oats till you get a nice aroma. When cool, blend into a fine powder.
Now mix together all the above mentioned ingredients (except oil). Divide into equal portions and give it a cutlet / tikki shape. Refrigerate for an hour.
Heat oil in a pan and deep / shallow fry the tikkis few at a time till golden brown on both sides.
Drain on a kitchen towel and serve them hot as a tea-time snack or as an appetizer with sauce / green chutney.