A great combination of gulcand (rose petals preserve) and yoghurt makes for a delicious and refreshing drink. Garnish with some chopped nuts, saffron and rose petals. Serve in individual glasses and have this flavoured lassi chilled or with some extra ice cubes. Please check below a step by step method with pictures to prepare it.
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 milk pedas, crumbled / 2-3 tbsp. khoya
- 2 tbsp. gulcand (rose perals preserve)
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. rose water
- sugar to taste (only if required)
- few rose petals to garnish
- pinch of saffron to garnish
- some chopped mixed nuts to garnish
Blend together the gulcand with the rose water. In a mixi jar, add the yoghurt, gulcand, crumbled pedas / khoya, water and cardamom powder. Sugar can be added if required.
Blend into a smooth puree. Pour into individual glasses and garnish with the chopped nuts, saffron and rose petals. Serve chilled and enjoy this cool, refreshing and flavoured lassi.