This is macaroni cooked in the Mediterranean style, where I have used zaatar and sumac - local spices. It can be prepared in no time and can be had as an evening tea-time snack. It can also be had as a light breakfast or can be packed for a lunch box meal.
- 1/2 cup macaroni, boiled al dente
- 2 tbsp. spring onions, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. zaatar powder (mediterranean spice mix)
- 1/2 tsp. sumac powder (mediterranean spice mix)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder
- few olives (opt)
Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic till it changes colour. Then add the onions and fry till translucent.
Now add the boiled macaroni, pepper, salt, zataar and sumac. Stir for a minute or two. Serve, garnished with chopped spring onions and olives.