These yummy and healthy tikkis made of black chickpeas and mixed millets are worth a try any day, especially during monsoon. They are just perfect as a tea-time snack or as appetizers to be enjoyed with any green / tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
They can also be served inside burgers along with onion, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and cheese for a wholesome meal or brunch anytime of the day. Besides, they can also be made into a roll / frankie or packed for a lunch box meal.
- 1/2 cup boiled black chickpeas (makes 8-10)
- 1/4 cup mixed millets, dry roasted & powdered
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 2 tbsp. fried onion
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2" ginger, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- oil to shallow fry
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (except oil) and shape into tikkis. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and shallow fry the tikkis in batches, on both sides till light golden in colour.
Drain on a kitchen towel and serve with tomato sauce, green chutney or tamarind chutney.