Learn to make these homemade Chicken Tikka, which is a healthy variation to any fried chicken. I used boneless chicken cubes which were marinated in pickle masala, yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste and other spices overnight and then grilled for a satisfying appetizer.
These delicious small bites are best enjoyed with green chutney and accompanied with some onion rings, lime wedges and green chilies. They can also be served in sandwiches or as a chicken roll for a light meal on the go. So check for a step by step method with pictures to prepare it.
- 400 gms. boneless chicken cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. bottled pickle masala
- few wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp. chopped coriander leaves & a pinch of red chili flakes to garnish
- onion rings, lime wedges & green chilies to serve
Marinate the chicken cubes with the above mentioned ingredients, preferably overnight. Grease the skewers and thread the chicken cubes in them.
Place them on a greased upper rack of a microwave oven and grill for 15 minutes first. Flip it over and grill the other side too for another 15 minutes.
Let it remain in the microwave for 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and chili flakes. Serve along with mint chutney, onion rings, lime wedges and green chilies.