Chicken, a favourite with everyone can be cooked in various ways. So here is an easy and an equally delicious chicken curry cooked with coconut milk into a creamy texture. All the ingredients are easily available in a kitchen. So just marinate it overnight to save time. It can be relished both with rice, pulao or naan / chapatti.
- 500 gms. chicken cubes (on bones)
- 2-3 onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste / 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. coriander-cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. red chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- slit green chilies & lemon slice to garnish
Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, coriander-cumin powder, tomato paste, red chili powder, yoghurt and garam masala powder overnight preferably
Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till light brown. Add the marinated chicken and cook on medium heat till dry.
Add 1 cup water and cook, covered on medium flame till done and the gravy is slightly thick. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve, garnished with green chilies & sliced lemon.