This is a very light and a refreshing soup prepared with spinach and tender stems, coriander leaves with stems and some soaked red lentil. The stems, especially, contains a lot of nutrients and it gives out a distinctive flavour. It also goes best as a light one-pot meal with some bread sticks or some grilled meat. So check out a step by step pictorial recipe to prepare it.
This soup is especially good as a diet for the elderly & sick people. For some texture and consistency, I added some red lentils as it contains protein and fiber. So it is ideal to add this yummy and healthy soup in your daily menu.
- 1 cup coriander leaves & stems, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach with stems (only the tender ones), roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 stock cube
- 1/2 tsp. roasted cumin powder
- salt to taste (opt)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. masoor dal (red lentil) soaked for 15 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. lime juice
and water. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. When cool, discard the bay
leaf. Blend into a puree and heat through.