Check out this traditional & an irresistible Bong delicacy of Prawns delicately steam cooked in a yummy raw mango-mustard-coconut gravy. My all time favorite, this dish is a total amalgamation of the pungency from the freshly ground mustard seeds, a hint of sweetness from the coconut, tanginess from the raw mango and the heat from the green chilies.
This ridiculously simple and easy to cook dish is a very good option for a nice weekend comfort meal. Drizzle some extra mustard oil if you wish and enjoy it with hot steamed rice. So check out the step by step pictorial recipe to prepare this classic treat.
- 250 gms. prawns, cleaned & deveined
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds, soaked for 30 minutes
- 2-3 green chilies
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. mustard oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated coconut
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 small raw mango, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- extra 1-2 green chilies (opt)
Transfer the contents to a steel container with a lid. Pour some water in a pan and place the closed steel container over it.