A great side dish of stir fried chicken, which can be relished with any Indian bread, baked or deep fried. I gave a twist to the usual dish by adding some soaked whole black gram, so you get the goodness of both fibre and proteins at the same time.
A very good combination for a quick frankie or paratha roll. Try having it on a toasted bread and layered with some mayo, green chutney, tomato sauce or kasundi / English mustard. The options are plenty.
- 500 gms, boneless chicken cubes, boiled & shredded
- 1/2 cup sabut urad dal (whole black gram lentil), soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1" ginger, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/2 ts. garam masala powder
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- tomato slices, green chilies, onion slices & coriander leaves to garnish (opt)
Heat oil and saute the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies till they turn slightly light brown in colour.
Add the chicken, soaked urad dal and all the powdered spices. Continue to fry on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
Now add the tomatoes and the coriander leaves and saute for another minute or two. Take off the flame and garnish. Serve as a side dish with phulkas, parathas or any deep fried Indian bread.