- 1 cup white chickpeas, boiled
- 2 tsp. oil
- few curry leaves
- 1 whole red chilly, broken
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp. urad dal (split black gram)
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh coconut, grated
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves to garnish
Heat oil and temper with red chilies and mustard oil. After it stops spluttering, add the asafoetida, urad dal and curry leave. Saute till the dal changes colour.
Add the boiled chickpeas and salt and stir for a minute. Just before removing from the fire, add the grated coconut. Mix well and serve, garnished with coriander leaves.