This spicy and chatpata snack is a very popular street food found in every street corners of Kolkata. Apart from the ingredients used, you can also add sprouts, chopped cucumber, some dry fruits and chopped tomatoes. Unlike in the bhel puri version, mustard oil is added to the Jhaal muri along with other seasonings. So go ahead and give it a try by checking for a step by step method with pictures to prepare it.
- 2 & 1/2 cups Muri (puffed rice)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 green chilies, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated coconut
- 1 small potato, boiled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. boiled black chana (chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. mixed bhujia (gram flour fritters)
- 2 tbsp. nylon sev (gram flour fritters)
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. mustard oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dry roasted & ground cumin seeds
- a dash of lime
In a bowl, mix together onion, green chilies, coconut, potatoes, coriander leaves and black chana.
Just before serving add rest of the ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately as an evening tea time snack.
In a bowl, mix together - onion, grated coconut, green chilies,
Just before serving, add the roasted peanuts, mixed bhujia, sev,
puffed rice, all the powdered spices, mustard oil and a dash of lime.
Serve along with few green chilies as an evening tea-time snack.